Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ale’kai (dragon’s nest)


An 18 inch necklace, the center bundle hangs about 3 inches wide, 2 inches tall and about 1 ½ inches thick. Nested here is an alternative to a dragon’s pearls. I imagined a dragon collecting pearls and making a cocoon nest high in a cave. Someone would be exploring one day and find this mass stuck to the wall with rope like phlegm. However, there are no pearls, or phlegm in this necklace. Instead this necklace is made up of mostly recycled materials I had found. The metal coated beads, were pieces of a necklace from the 70’s, the hematite were pieces of a necklace that was from the 80’s. And the cotton string, I’ve had in my supplies since the early 90’s. So I guess this necklace is somewhat a resurrection of my collection of materials. Except: The brass chain, and copper clasp were bought in the 2000’s from



Oh, and all beads and findings were thoroughly cleaned and polished.

No comments: